02 ES 300 factory Subwoofer amp problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 07:14 PM
Default 02 ES 300 factory Subwoofer amp problem

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving! I installed a replacement Sub when the original factory sub dry rotted into a distorted mess. This is a Marc Levinson system. That was about 3 years ago. My problem is the pigtail leads I added hung down about 2 inches (Something I now regret) and my daughter left the driver's door ajar in her garage overnight. The battery was so completely discharged that she could not operate the electric trunk release to retrieve her Jump-Box. She YouTubed how to manually release and my wife drove by her house to assist her. I know it's too late, but to make a long story short my wife reached through the pass through in the rear seats and thought she was pulling the manual trunk release. She instead pulled the Negative and Positive connectors from their crimped ends. The wires from the harness leading back to the amp were in a heat shrink cover but were now stripped bare and they apparently touched resulting in no longer functioning Sub. If I found any good information there was something online describing the sub amp in the dash just to the right of the glove box door. I pulled the glove box out but only saw a chassis that had a label on it about engine control.
I am hoping someone would be able to give me some assistance in diagnosing the problem. I have installed plenty of aftermarket systems but I know that factory systems and wiring / fusing can be less than obvious to the uninitiated.
Could someone help this dad be a hero to his daughter and steer me in the right direction to get her hand me down Lexi' Bumpin' again

Last edited by davidgiordano2; 11-28-2021 at 08:16 PM.