General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:00 PM
ali
Default navigation system

I have a gx470, and it is a pain in the neck. I can not type anything in if the car is in motion. Does anyone know how to bypass the system? I know that there is a way to do it by pushing the buttons every time you start the car.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Default RE: navigation system

I just bought a brand new RX400H and I hate this safety feature. My dealer gave me a code that she thought would work but it apparently is for an older version of the NAV. Mine came with the newest edition which I believe is called edition seven.

Try this... It didn't work for mine but perhaps it will for your edition.

Goto: Menu,then Volume. Hit the upper left part of the screen (there is no button there, just hit the blank area), then the lower left, then upper left again, then lower left again.

Also try hitting the upper left twice then the lower left twice.

Let me know if it works. I still need to find how to bypass my version.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 AM

what the person at the lexus dealer informed you of is a way to access the diagnostic portion of the nav system. it is not intended to be used as a bypass for the keypad lock out. lexus has installed a bypass for most nav commands at highway speeds. the gx470 does have a voice command system with some limited voice commands you can access certain features via voice command. to get more info on this check your owners manual for the specific commands you can give. sorry but there is no bypass for the key pad while the vehicle is in motion, nor has lexus indicated their intent to allow it

Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: hybrid

I just bought a brand new RX400H and I hate this safety feature. My dealer gave me a code that she thought would work but it apparently is for an older version of the NAV. Mine came with the newest edition which I believe is called edition seven.

Try this... It didn't work for mine but perhaps it will for your edition.

Goto: Menu,then Volume. Hit the upper left part of the screen (there is no button there, just hit the blank area), then the lower left, then upper left again, then lower left again.

Also try hitting the upper left twice then the lower left twice.

Let me know if it works. I still need to find how to bypass my version.
Hybrid,

You have a Gen 5 system in the Lexus 2007 and 2008 Model Year ....... Lexus for "legal reasons" found out about the By-pass and eliminated it in the Gen 5. 2006 and < MY's can still be by-passed. The only way to handle this problem is two ways ....... First ( and the one that doesn't impact your warrenty ) LEARN the 125 different Voice commands that are equipted with the Voice Activation mode of the Navagation system ............. Want simplicity Remember "HELP: as a command it will bring up all 125 of the different commands that are in the system. Anything that you can do will a push botton you can do by voice command ....... sometimes it takes a little longer But, really haow fast do you need to do it.

Second ( the one that will cost you money and effect your warrenty is this ............

http://www.coastaletech.com/BASIC_LOCKPICK.htm

It's called the Lock pick and is a modification to remove the First screen authorization and the lock out above 3-5 mph foward montion. Check with your Mech and see what type of warrenty damage this will do. The lock out is a safety protocal that effect the validity of your warrenty. Definately read the same print before installing this unit.

So let me know what you guys decide to do.............[sm=innoc.gif]