Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Navigation System Secret Code

Old 03-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Default Navigation System Secret Code

I just got a new 2007 RX400H with Navigation. I'm told it has the latest Navigation version - seventh edition. When driving, certain functions of the NAV system are disabled for safety until you come to a complete stop. My dealer gave me a code that should disable this safety feature but it appears to be for the previous NAV version.I'm all for safety but if you are a passenger in the car you shouldn't have to wait until you are stopped to use all the features.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Default RE: Navigation System Secret Code

WHAT IS THE CODE FOR THE PREVIOUS VERSION.?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM

LATEST VERSION IS A 6.1

Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Go to the Volume screen, then touch the screen in the following sequence:
Upper Left
Lower Left
Upper Left
Lower Left
You'll get a special screen, touch and hold OVERRIDE until the system beeps.

This will allow you to enter/change anything to do with the NAV system while in motion.

It unfortunately resets itself after each restart of the car and does NOT work on the audio or others sytems.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:27 PM

What about the voice commands ??? Anything you can do with the touch screen you can do with the voice commands ...... not sure of the commands???? "Help" always brings up the exact wording of each command and what it does............
[sm=pcwhack.gif]
Just my $0.02 worth.....

Old 04-30-2007, 10:33 PM

I tried the code provide by user: daveinMA but had no success. The screen did not respond with any menu or button and regardless of how I touched the screen it didn't work. Could it be that the 2007 hybrid model has a different version of the NAV system? Anyone else have any ideas?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: hybrid

I tried the code provide by user: daveinMA but had no success. The screen did not respond with any menu or button and regardless of how I touched the screen it didn't work. Could it be that the 2007 hybrid model has a different version of the NAV system? Anyone else have any ideas?
The Navigation system has been upgraded in the 2007 RX to the "Generation 5" Any of the commands that worked for disableing the Lock out are old and stops have been implaced to handle them ......... The mechanic crew are playing with it to see if someone can stumble onto a code. If your that adiminate about de-activating the Lock-out then you could Purchase this:

http://www.coastaletech.com/

It's guarenteed to set your system right..........

Good Luck, If the Mechanics come up with anything then I'll let you know.............

T Quinn

Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 AM

Thanks, my other car had the same problem

Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 AM

ORIGINAL: hybrid

I'm all for safety but if you are a passenger in the car you shouldn't have to wait until you are stopped to use all the features.

Anyone know how to disable this?
Ditto for my 2008 ES350. The lawyers keep coming up with new ways to keep the stupid from being removed from the gene pool. I'm still learning to use the voice activation. Seems like there aren't enough interactive voice commands to allow driver address programming while in motion. (Ugh, No. Let's start over. I think I know where I live.....) I'm looking into LockPic, but there is no listing for my car yet.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:15 PM

All look into this and get back to everyone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation System Secret Code