SC 300 Will not tun off!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Default SC 300 Will not tun off!!

Hello everyone!!..
New cat in this house....and of course have some questions.
Bought a "fixer upper" 92' SC300 with 115K miles that had sat for a couple of years.Towed it home and after putting in a new clutch pump (it is a stick..supposed to be rare??!!), ALL fluids,tires, filters,battery and fuel pump, fired it off and went for a ride. Then the engine seized (clogged oil passages??!!). Went home and put in a new short block that I purchased at the localyard and off I went again. The car runs beautiful!!...this is some car??
Now my problem is that the car will not turn off.I turn the key and pull it out and the car keeps on running. If I turn it off by lettingoff the clutch and then take the key out, I canstill hear the fuel pump running and it drains the battery, so after doing that, I disconnect the battery. If and when I connect it again, everything is off until I turn the key on again.When I turn the key and pull it out, everything is off(i.e: instrument cluster, etc), but the"air bag" light stays on.
My thought is a bad key/switch. Somebody out there said to check the alternator (makes no sense, but I had some old BMS's and when the alt. went bad, they did some crazy stuff like that).
I'm new to Lexus but I am an airplane mechanic by trade and an avid tree-shade mechanic on weekends.
Any thoughts???