994 GS 300 Brake goes all the way down

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Default 994 GS 300 Brake goes all the way down

Hi, I'll appreciate if somebody can help me with this,

While braking on my GS300 1994, the brake pedal goes all the way down. If while braking I pump it again it the brakes apply for a moment but the pedal then again goes all the way down, making it extremely hard to brake. I checked ground under the car several times for any leaking oil but did not find anything. I assumed that it might be the master cylinder and therefore changed it and bled the cylinder and all the four brakes looking for any sign for leakage, didn't find any thing and the problem is still prevalent. Can there be another part involved, Is there something I'm missing out. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Lisa M. Stewart

Old 04-22-2009, 01:34 AM
VAN
Default Brake problem

hi
is the master cylinder new or rebuild if it is rebuild try getting a new one and even if it new see if you can another one because it could be defective,if you can clamp all 4 brake rubber hoses on each wheel and check the brake pedal again if pedal is still going down try to bleed it again at a diagonal bleeding, left rear then right front then right rear and then left front if pedal is good after you clamp the hoses that means the top portion of brake system is good and take off the clamps one by one and check the pedal each time you take off the clamp if it goes does when you take off the clamp then you got a caliper or brake hose problem

Old 04-24-2009, 09:55 PM

It shouldn't be too hard to find out, crawl underneath your car and look for an oil stain around the wheels or any of the plumbing. Yes, if you haven't bled the master cylinder and break lines this is is what you get. You bleed the brakes by filling up your reservoir, put the lid on then have someone pump the brake until it gets hard then hold it while you open the bleed screw on each wheel.