What brand of brakes do I use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Default What brand of brakes do I use?

What's up everybody. I was wondering if any of you know of any aftermarket brake pads out there that are good. I know that the oem part is best, but was wondering is there are any out there (i.e. Axxis, EBC, Hawk, Endless). The OEM lexus pads are expensive and even though they come in a Toyota box the Toyota dealer said they cannot sell them to me. I saw these Axxis ultra hi performance pads on ebay that are made of Kevlar and ceramic but was skeptical that they might eat my rotors, excessive brake dust, squeeking. etc. Any suggestions are welcome, if I have to I'll buy the oem pads, but I got these 20" rims and it appeared that my braking distance shortened. Will post pictures soon, Thanks.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Default RE: What brand of brakes do I use?

Hey, My brother owns a motorsports shop here in Wisconsin, and he got me a set of Brembo Cross-Drilled and Slotted discs for my GS. I also got Ultimate Ceramic pads to go with them, and my car stops on a dime now! I was in ur same situation, I have 20's on my GS too and my stock brakes just werent cutting it. I had to upgrade. And I am happy I did! If you're having a hard time finding them, I can get you a decent deal on brakes and pads. For a GS, I can get you Brembo Cross-Drilled Slotted rotors for $400.00. For pads, I highly recommend the axxis series pads. there are two choices. One is the metal master series.. Little cheaper, good for the money ect. around $85 for all four. The other pad is the ultmate ceramic. They are pricy, at around $140 for both front and rear pads. But they kick ***. I have them on my GS, and love them! Combine the ultimate ceramics with good rotors, and your brake system will be as good as a Ferrari's.

Attached are pics of the rotors and pads.

PM me if you're interested.