General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Issue: Keyless entry failure and clock resetting to 1p

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 08:42 PM
Default Issue: Keyless entry failure and clock resetting to 1p

Hello,
I am new here, but I just wanted to say, "Thanks for the help." The same problem was happening to me with the clock resetting to 1p. I own a 2007 Lexus GX470. So, here is the problem and following is the solution:

PROBLEM: - keyless entry remote - fail
- clock resetting to 1p
- steering wheel not moving upon key entry/exit into ignition
- auto. door lock failure when button depressed on any door (car had to be on for auto. door lock to work...)

My original thoughts: The problem is either the remote battery in the keyless entry keyfob or the car battery itself. I would have never dreamed that it would be a 10 amp fuse! I had my doubts though about it being the battery, because it just started up so quickly with no hesitation. Oh well, live and learn...

I tried the following:
- Changed battery in keyless entry remote - Kept old car battery - Problem not resolved
- Kept old battery in keyless remote - Bought new car battery - Problem not resolved
- New battery in keyless remote - New car battery - Problem not resolved
- New battery in keyless remote - New car battery - Changed #27 fuse (ECU-B @ 10 amp) underneath hood in fuse/relay panel - Problem resolved - Owner happy!

So, I just want to say, "Thanks!" You all helped me resolve an issue that I assumed was coming from one of two alternate sources!

But here's the bonus... I had some extra lights on in the instrument cluster as well that were staying on - the VSC Trac and the VSC Off, and now they are off!

Regards,
Bryan M