1985 Chevy Blazer K5 w/ Fresh motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Default 1985 Chevy Blazer K5 w/ Fresh motor

Hi guys, I'm trying to help my Dad sell his '85 Blazer, and thought I'd post up the specs on it here to see if anyone is looking for a vehicle like this one. The truck is in Chico, CA -- north of Sacramento.

Here's what my Dad put together about his rig:
This truck was never abused or taken off road recreationally. I am the second owner and have had it since 1987. Nearly every significant part of the vehicle has been replaced or rebuilt. The only negative is the paint on the exterior and the dashboard has cracks in the foam/vinyl. The paint is dull and could be redone. Also the Rear door has a rolling window that stopped working so I replaced it with a rear door from a junked vehicle that was white so it doesn't match the rest. It is in great working order and has too many upgrades to list but I will try.

Engine: It has a rebuilt Chevy 350 V8 with 30000 miles on it. The engine was rebuilt by a reputable shop in Sacramento. I decided to go with a roller cam which is an RV2 type cam. This increased lift by about 20% but does not affect its ability to meet emissions standards. It just passed smog recently without a problem. It has roller lifters also. Usual connecting rods in this engine are 5.7 inch but I chose to go with 6 inch rods with shorter pistons (Ross Racing pistons) so that the stroke is the same but because of the longer rods action is different. There is less sidewall scuffing and it dwells longer at top dead center and bottom dead center. This allows less friction and a more complete fuel burn. Cost of the rebuild was $4500.

Transmission: The transmission is a NV4500 manual 5 speed. It is extremely durable and has a good compound low that lets you go down steep hills largely without using the brakes. It is not a total crawler either but the gearing seems just about right for most circumstances. On the other side it has a cruising gear for highway use. It allows the engine to turn 2200 rpm at 65 mph. This allows good highway mileage. I have gotten 18 mpg on long highway trips. This transmission is basically bullet proof and very positive shifting. Look around and you will see used ones going for $1500 or so.

Other features:

Doetsch Tech remote reservoir shocks (4). These are factory rebuildable if ever necessary. They are nitrogen filled with a valve that allows you to have it refilled locally if necessary. They were $900 new.

Flowmaster muffler/catalytic converter. This system together with the engine rebuild gives a really nice tone but not anything radical.

Rebuilt carbureator (Edlebrock Quadrajet) with about 5,000 miles on rebuild.

Pioneer CD player with removable face. Sound system includes 6x9" speakers in the rear inside custom boxes.

Jacobs electronic ignition system.

Upgraded front bucket seats with console. I bought them new. They are aftermarket seats for a 98 Chevy Tahoe but work in this vehicle and are very comfortable. I would estimate they were used for the last 15,000 miles. Really pretty much like new and they have had cloth seat covers on them for most of those miles. Last I checked the electronic lumbar support was working.

Sway bar disconnect which allows the front axle to flex more and provides a smoother off road ride. Even with sway bar disconnected it still handles very well on highways so I always left it disconnected. To connect or disconnect takes about 2 or 3 minutes.

Rear shackle extension for smoother ride over bumps and ruts.

All rubber matting and floor insulation were replaced about 15,000 miles ago.

BF Goodrich 33x12.50x15 inch All Terrain tires with about 5000 miles on them.
New smog pump.
Premium Warn manual locking hubs.
Bike rack on roof.

This is a great vehicle that you could buy and be confident that you would not have to drop additional money into soon. Please message me through this forum with any questions; and I can also put you in touch with my Dad to have a look at it.
$3750 OBO

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Warangal News
India Tourism

Last edited by loolaley; 07-03-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned

Still have it for sale, reasonable offers considered!
mens lingerie
Blue Prom Dresses