Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What Is Paranasal Sinus Disease?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Default What Is Paranasal Sinus Disease?

What is paranasal sinus disease? This is the infection of any of the sinuses located in our facial regions. To understand this let us first see what is paranasal sinus and what kind of infection can occur in it?
Paranasal sinus refers to all the four sinuses that are air filled spaces communicating with nasal cavity. There sinuses are divided into four groups according to the site of their location and the bone associated with them. They are air filled spaces which communicate well with the nasal cavity and within the bones of the skull and face. The paranasal sinuses are vulnerable to infections of various kind and when they are infected by bacteria or other microbes or pollens or allergens. This is known as what is paranasal disease.
The human paranasal sinuses are divided into fours sub groups and are named according to the bones they are attached with. They are as follows. Maxillary sinuses also know as maxillary antra and they are the largest of all sinuses. They are located under the eye and due to the maxillary bone cheeks in this region they are called maxillary sinuses. Frontal sinuses are located over the eyes which are associated with frontal bones and hence called frontal sinuses. Ethmoid sinuses are between the space of nose and the eyes. Sphenoid sinuses are located sphenoid bones. It is located at the center of the skull and under the pituitary gland.
What is paranasal sinus disease? Its a kind of infection in any of the said sinuses by bacteria. The condition is called sinusitis. Thus paranasal sinus disease is more commonly know as sinusitis or sinus infection. Sometimes some deadly ailments like cancer or other diseases may also occur in Paranasal sinuses. They are very rare but constant instigation of the sinuses by pathogens or other allergens may result in such malignancies in the area.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 AM

In these winter days I always face the problem with my sinus. It seems I catch cold more often than others. One of my friends told me that I have less immune power then others and that’s the prime reason why I catch cold easily. I was wondering is it true? And are there any other way I can get rid of this problem permanently?

Sinus infection remedies