Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

How to easily Convert MTS/M2TS to MKV on Mac

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Default How to easily Convert MTS/M2TS to MKV on Mac

How to easily Convert MTS/M2TS to MKV on Mac

"I own a Panasonic GF1 camera and record AVCHD lite movies with it. They use an MTS format/container. I want to be able to play them with my Samsung TV using Samsung's streaming software, but that software doesn't accept .mts files. It does accept .mkv. I've tried searching for a tool to do this. Does anyone know of a solution? "

Well. For some camcoder users, they always meet such kind of problems. As we know, Some cameras or camcoders such as Sony, Panasonic use MTS format, when loaded to PC hardware, it becomes M2TS. While MTS/M2TS is supported by few media players and applications. If we want to convert MTS/M2TS to MKV, Video Converter for Mac is of great help. This professional program provides an easy-to-use way to convert videos and audios on Mac easily. Safely download the software and try to make conversion with following steps.
How to convert MTS/M2TS to MKV on Mac?

Note: Below tutorial is for Mac users. If you are a Windows user, please go to the Video Converter for Windows guide for more information.

buy video converter mac download video converter mac
Step1. Load files into this MTS/M2TS to MKV Converter

It provides you two ways to import files:

1. Click "Edit" item on the tool bar to import files.

2. Directly drag the selected files into the program.

For your convenience, batch conversion is available.

mac video converter main interface
Step 2. Apply video editing features

Before MTS/M2TS to MKV conversion, you can edit the videos with its customized features. Just click the edit icon, you can trim videos, add subtitle, merges files, crop videos, load watermarks and so on.

mac video converter edit interface
Step 3. Select the correct output format

Please click "Output Setting" icon ->Format ->Common Video, here you should choose MKV as your destination format.

mac video converter mts to avi output interface
Step 4. Start to convert MTS/M2TS to MKV on Mac

Just click "Start" button, all the tasks will be done at fast speed and high quality.

mac video converter conversion interface e05
Tips on MTS/M2TS to MKV conversion:

1. You can adjust the video and audio codec, resolution, frame rate and bit rate by clicking “Options” item in the "Output Setting" menu to make the output video better. If no need, you can just keep the default parameters.

2. If you make batch conversion, you can set the "After conversion" mode on the conversion interface. It provides you "Put computer to sleep", "Shut down my computer" and "Do nothing" three mode options.