Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

how can i reset Windows 7 admin password without the old one

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Default how can i reset Windows 7 admin password without the old one

How to reset your Win7 pc password if you've forgotten it?
I have a Sony VAIO laptop.....i can still use the the laptop and log in as it is one of the computer with finger print logging......obviously don't use my normal password in general as have never really needed to and have forgotten it how can i reset Windows 7 admin password without the old one.........and no you can use you fingerprint as a previous password.

I got two useful recommendations from my IT friends that they always do when need reset Windows 7 password.

Method One. Reset Win7 password with Windows Password Recovery. It is a powerful password recovery utility that you write to a disk, and then boot your computer with. Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Logon a pc that you can download something. Download Windows Password Recovery Tool Professional, install it with several clicks and then run it.
Step 2. Burn a Windows 7 password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive. A USB Flash Drive will be better if the locked Win 7 pc with the driver.
Step 3. Connect the burned Win 7 password reset disk with the locked Win 7 computer, Press DELETE, F1, F2, F10, F12 or Alt+S (choose one or combined key that screen may display a sentence while computer starts), then set bios to boot pc from USB Flash Drive, restart pc and there will load software program.
Step 4. Choose the user account that you need reset the unknown logon password, click "reset" button to begin password reset.
Step 5. A message box will pop up, just click "Yes", then the login password will be reset a new one.
Step 6. Shift out this Windows 7 password reset disk, restart PC with logon password problem. Now you will successfully logon Windows 7 without password.

Well, the Method One helps reset Win7 password safely and quickly! Next time, the disk will still work if forgot Windows 7 password!

Also, share method Two to all Windows 7 OS users:

Method Two. Create a password reset disk before we need reset Windows 7 password:
Step 1. Connect a blank USB flash drive with your unlocked computer.
Step 2. Click your user account icon on the Start menu and select "Create a password reset disk" when User Accounts dialog box displays.
Step 3. Input: password reset disk the three words in the Search box. When the "Forgotten Password Wizard" appears, click "Next".
Step 4. Select your USB flash drive and click "Next" to enter current password.
Step 5. When the wizards finish creating Windows 7 password reset disk, the file named userkey.psw will be in your USB.

Take preparation, to create a password reset disk, hope it will help you reset Windows 7 password any day.