New Member Area New to Lexus Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Lexus GS300

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 12:12 PM
Default Lexus GS300

Hi, I have been a proud owner of 2 lexus gs300s during the past 17 years. My current GS I have owned for 12 years and it has always been maintained and serviced by Lexus, 3 Months ago I developed "gearbox problems" (it is automatic). Took the car to Lexus and they investigated it.......few weeks later they said the gearbox was defective and needed to be changed ! Gave them the go ahead for repairs and 1 week later they returned the car to my house ! However, during the drive to my house the gearbox was mis behaving and the guy said they could not deliver the car in its current state ! 4 days later they said that the new gearbox was probably defective and replaced with another gearbox......however they still have not been able to fix it. They are now looking at the ECU ! However latest update is that if they cannot repair it, they will replace the original gearbox and give me the car back without being repaired and no costs incurred..........what does anybody think of this suggestion? It has now been 2 months and to be fair they have given me a loan car free of charge........however I find it totally unacceptable to have a car returned which would only be valid as scrap with 157,000 miles on the clock !!! Mercedes, BMWs and even Ford or Opel would do a lot better !!! Any suggestions on my next move as I am not happy to take it back with the problem unresolved !!!