New Member Area New to Lexus Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Internet Buying

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Default Internet Buying

Hello Everyone:
Own a 1993 LS400

Has anyone here purchasedaLexus via the dealershipinternet dept?
Was the pricing better? Was the procedure less stressful?

Old 10-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Default RE: Internet Buying

Internet Sales Via the Dealerships BDC (Business Development Center)are usually a straight deal and the prices are no haggle. Since the person on the other end of the phone has a list of 100 other people to deal with the sale is usually rather impersonal because the salesperson makes no sort of "Connection" to the customer. You'll never get your best deal over the phone or internet becausepeople "Price shop" Let's say you are a salesperson working for a customer over the phone and you get him/her all of the information he/she wantsand you are devotingyour time to this person and you give them your "Best Price" (Which is controlled by the dealership not the salesperson) meanwhile that person calls another dealership and they beat your price by $50... you did all of this work and lost a sale. In theory a person could repeat this over and over...Unfortunately Dealerships know this andthats why they give vague numbers over the phoneso no you wont get your"Best Deal" or"Final Number". On theother hand when I have a client come in and I'm learning about them and theirwants/needs and intrests I can advise them of the options that they have available to them as far as prices, color, options and the like. I also have Invested time in this person but the difference is , It ison a personal level... This person took time out of their day to drive down to my place and let me earn their business. So THAT person I will go to work for... That person I willgo the extra mile for and THAT person would get my "Best Price"