New Member Area New to Lexus Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I want to maintain my '03 is300 myself what tools do i need?

Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Default I want to maintain my '03 is300 myself what tools do i need?

Hello. I am posting here for the first time. I just bought a 2003 IS 300 and can not find a manual anywhere. Then I found out there are no manuals when I called a Lexus dealership. So I am wondering if anyone knows what model-specific tools I need to do an oil change and change my brake pads. (ie. what wrench size, etc.) I have only worked on cars with my brother before and I moved away so he can not help me right now. Thanks for any information!
- Bryten (your new lil sis)

Old 05-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: I want to maintain my '03 is300 myself what tools do i need?

hey, im an ex lexus tech, i still work for tom williams lexus in birmingham but now i do something called clear bra installations. my email is leap_cfp@hotmail.com. or you can find me at http://leap.moonfruit.com drop me a line if i dont answer all of your questions. to change the oil you will need a 14mm wrench. the filter can be taken off from the top with a oil filter socket im not sure of the exact size. i purchased mine from matco tools. for brakes you will need a 12mm,14mm and a 17mm wrench or socket. also you will need a large pair of channel lock plyers to recollapse the caliper pistons. drop me a line if there is anything else i can help you with even though i no longer turn wrenches i have access to most information you might need.
good luck
jason peacock

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: I want to maintain my '03 is300 myself what tools do i need?

ORIGINAL: bpodwys

Hello. I am posting here for the first time. I just bought a 2003 IS 300 and can not find a manual anywhere. Then I found out there are no manuals when I called a Lexus dealership. So I am wondering if anyone knows what model-specific tools I need to do an oil change and change my brake pads. (ie. what wrench size, etc.) I have only worked on cars with my brother before and I moved away so he can not help me right now. Thanks for any information!
- Bryten (your new lil sis)
bpodwys,

Even though the Parts department will not sell you a Maintenance Manual you can get one here for your computer.........

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/1747390

Check it out and Happy Maintenance ....................[sm=signs003.gif]