New Member Area New to Lexus Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Another Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Default Another Newbie!

Hello to all,
I'm new to this board.My car was stolen last week ('03 Camry SE). My insurance company told me I had to waitthe required 21 days before getting any kind of settlement. They also said tostart shopping for a new car after 10 days because usually if it's not found within 10 days then it ain't comin' back.

Well I waited about 7 days and couldn't resist looking around. I test drove the new Camry with V6 but wasdisappointed. Don't get me wrong, the engine, transmission,ergonomics, performance and overall comfort were all fine. It was the lack of refinement that surprised me. I found my old Camry quieter and smoother on the road than the new one. Anyhow, I could be wrong but let's just say I expected more.
That's when I decided to go seethe ES350. Big mistake! I wanted to see if all the hype over the Lexus nameplate was warranted or not.Well I was blown away! For a car that is built on the same chassis, with the same engine/transmission, the difference was enormous.Well it's now 48 hours later and I amnow a proud Lexus Owner. My car is on order, is presently in transit, and should be delivered to me at the beginning of June. I chose the ES350 with the Premium Package in Black Saphire Pearl. My purchase contract is conditional to my stolen car not being returned to me, so I'll be praying that they don't find it within the next 14 days.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Default RE: Another Newbie!

Congratulation, welcome to the forum ........... I must say that is an unusaul way to get a Lexus. But, if you have any questions or concerns ............... drop us a line and we'll help you out.

Again Welcome and have fun.........