speaker buzz

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Default speaker buzz

I have a 2006 SC. One of the main reasons I wanted this car was for the sound. Since the day I bought the car, there is a buzz that comes from the passenger and driver's door when playing music. It is mainly a vibration that happens when there is a drum or boomy type music. The car must be running for the buzz to occur. It happens with the radio, or cd. I took it back and instead of coming and getting me, I was just told they couldn't reproduce the buzzing. The next time I sat with the tech. who said he couldn't imagine what would cause a buzz in both doors unless the speakers weren't tightened completely. I said that sounded pretty far fetched. He called Lexus headquarters who told him not to remove the door panels. When I was called to pick up the car, the techs note was, "unable to reproduce". I talked to my service advisor who told me just to bring the car back for it's next maintenace and they would check it then. I talked to someone at an audio store and they said it is a problem with the whole system. It is not just the head but the whole system needs to be replaced.
Needless to say, I am less than happy with my first Lexus ownership experience. Anyone have any idea?

Old 02-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: speaker buzz

Occasionally the SC driver door speakers will make a buzz when the bass is turned up. The Levinson audio system pushes quite a bit of power and when the volume is turned upcan make a buzz. Instead of turning the bass UP try to turn the mid and treble down a little.

The SC is an awesome automobile, I hope you come to love yours like most do!!