satellite radio in 2002 SC430?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Default satellite radio in 2002 SC430?

Has anyone installed a satellite radio in the older SC430? I'm getting the run-around from the audio installers. First they said they could install XM, and now they are saying it must be Sirius? Where's the bestlocation for adapter? I would prefer it didn't show. And what about the antena location? I would prefer that didn't show as well, but I'm concerned with the placementwith the convertable top. Any help would be appreciated

Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: satellite radio in 2002 SC430?

Go on ebay look for seller integration solutions Or else search on ebay for lexus sirius sc430. Units they sell are fully integrated and work through your oem radio tuner and vias interface comes in the kit with harness specific to your car as well as instructions. you can also google vias.com I believe the unit you want is an SRS2 firmware 4.38. I just installed the kit in my 2005 SC430. The install is not difficult you do have to remove the center console cover and willhave to unbolt [ 4 bolts ] radio to plug in the harness they supply and then plug your original harness into the y cable they provide. It took me about one hour and i was taking my time. I ammechanicaly inclined and i did a lot of research on how to install. Lots of help from integration solutions as well as vias. If you dont want to installyourself go to areputable installer. Cost should run no more then $ 150.00. If your installer never heard about the vias/sirius interface i would not use them. This company sells to Lexus dealerships but they will want a fortune to install in your car . The kit should run approx $ 300.00 + install = 450.00. Lexus dealerships are differentfrom one to another. Some wont get in to aftermarket accessories and some will. The dealership where I bought my car told me that there is no unit available for my car other then a hang on the dash deal. I went to another dealership and they wanted to charge me $ 800.00 for what cost me $300.00 installed. Note: Youcontrol the siruis unit right from your oem radio that includesthe steering wheel control. In order to use the siriusradio after you install you just push twice on the AM radiobutton. It will then read sat1 press again sat 2 press again sat 3.Each sat position allow you to have 6 channel presets just like you have for your am fm radio. When its all installed even the sateliteantenna is almost not visible. I mounetd mine on the top of the passenger side dash and right next to the window side piller. I hide wire in crevice where dash meets piller and then ran wire down behind glove box and then into console. The two devices and the harness are hidden inside the hollow of the console to the right of the shifter and under the ash tray. You would never know that the car has siruis radio installed in it nothing shows . The sound is just as good as your fm radio because the sirius unit is directly interfaced to your stereo and it is not using an fm modulator as most satelite radios do.

If you need more help e mail me

Old 06-22-2019, 05:22 AM

thanks for sharing its awesome really appreciated