Satellite presets erased without power being disconnected.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 03:42 PM
Default Satellite presets erased without power being disconnected.

I’m at the beginning of a three month trial of SiriusXM and went ahead and chose six stations to preset.

things were going fine until I used the Voice Control on my navigation system to manually choose a channel. Then I went back to use one of my presets, and they were all gone.

what’s interesting is the “new” presets look like the same ones that were in the car when I picked it up on Monday, only in different positions. (Example: Bloomberg went from preset 4 to preset 2, Fox News went from preset 5 to preset 3; and I had deleted both of them when I chose my stations).

No, the battery had not been disconnected, which I read somewhere resets the channels. I was flying down the highway at 65 mph at the time this happened.

Is there a step to save the presets I may have forgotten? Or is there something amiss with the navigation unit? I haven’t tried resetting any FM presets yet to see if that’s a problem too.

As a side question, I was bummed to see the 2010 RX 450h doesnt support Apple Car Play (the 2012 RX 350 I drove apparently did). Can anybody recommend a replacement navigation system that works on the 2010 and does give me Apple Car Play? I saw three aftermarket units/boxes. But, all three seemed to start with the 2013 models.