Lexus SL1000/

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Default Lexus SL1000/

The car was sitting for over a year. It cranks but does not start. I pulled one of the plugs and it was full of oil. I don't think the oil is in the cyclinders. The other one I pulled had no oil on the tip of the plug.
I grounded the plug and there was a small spark.

What I need to know is, were are the modules located.
Any help will be appricated.

Kman413

Last edited by Kman413; 07-19-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: More information
Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 AM

Im new to this site. I put Lexus SL1000/ The problem is the car has no spark. I need to know where the modules are. This is not my car. I belongs to a friend. He has no book.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:44 AM

He also has a broken key. And is using a pillar to turn the key. Are these electronic keys. I know this may sound like a stolen car, but I can assure you it is not. I am 67 years old and worked on every type of car & over the road trackters since I was 14 years old. I have a 93 BMW. And have my own scan tools for most cars. I rebuilt my car from a mess to one of the best on the road.

I will be happy to past on any information on any problem I can help with. I learned a lot of tricks over the years. I have no sons too past my knowledge to. So I help anyone I see on the road or off with there cars.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:23 PM

which on... and what is a sl 1000?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Default Problem corrected.

As I said, the car had a broken key. The disscription was giving to me on the phone. Before I saw the car.
When I did get there I knew the car had an electronic key. That was the problem.

This person I was helping is a young kid. Who has a family with lots of money. He has a Lexus & BMW both are fairly new. I was helping him because they will not give him any more money for cars because he does not take care of them.

I only drive BMW's. As for the mistake in the discription, I typed what he told me. I did not know it was an error.