95 LS400 Problems. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Default 95 LS400 Problems. Help!

My 95 LS400 has been a rock solid car for many years, but now it's getting long in the tooth and I have nagging problems with it:

1. Sometimes it won't start. I jiggle the key or take it out and put it back in and it starts right up. I'm thinking this problem is the ignition switch, but want to verify it before I take it to a shop and have them talk me into replacing the starter when it doesn't need to be replaced.

2. The front end squeaks like a rat being raped after it rains and I drive around in the heat of Houston, Texas. I had the front passenger side control arms replaced (upper and lower for $1700) because the mechanic couldn't tell which one it was so they replaced both. I do not want to replace both on the driver's side if I don't have to do it. Anyone know if there is one or the other that is prone to fail?

3. My interior door lock on the driver's side doesn't close with the remote leaving me to unlock the driver's door with the key and lock it by manually flipping the lock closed. Is this easy to swap out? If so, can anyone direct me to a source for pictures of how to remove the door, if necessary?

4. Some plastic interior parts of my car (center console near my knee under the dash; CD compartment cover; Glove box) are peeling away from the plastic frame due to the heat we experience here in Houston. Any ideas what I should use to glue them back without making a mess of things?

Any help that you can offer on any of these four issues would be greatly appreciated. I have a boxster and the 986forum.com has been wonderful in helping me with problems with that car and I thought I'd just run these issue up the flagpole here and see if I get any help.

Thanks in advance,