GX owners Check in!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Default GX owners Check in!!!!!

I want to hear from all the GX owners out there ............ let me know your stories........... Problems or questions. Just drop me a note and we can help you out!!!! Everybody is welcomed!!!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Default RE: GX owners Check in!!!!!

Love our "new to us" 03 GX470, but want to shoot the voice that says "The Lexus Link system is not activated. To activate the Lexus Link system, press the services button now." I've turned the volume down as much as it will go. Is there any way to disable that message?

Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM

if you go to a lexus dealership they can adjust the personalized settings....

Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 PM

I have a 2006 GX. XM was not an available option when I purchased the vehicle, except as an after market product. I did have the after market installed, however since it is offered in the GX's now, can I have it installed in mine so it will show up on the display like the radio, etc.? If so, what do you think approximate cost would be? I have the navigation system, etc., on it.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:16 AM

I have the very first model when they introduce GX. 2003 base pearl cream color (rare) with every option except GPS which they want $2k more. It now has 92k (we do a lot of travelling). Just when it ran out of waranty, the trasfer case/actuator (black box) that attaches to transmission started to leak. The flued smell like gear oil. I searched many forums and learned that quite of people has the same problem. Dealer wants $900.00+ for part. I didn't even bother to ask how much for the labor. I guess it will take about 4 hours to work on it since the they have to take out the whole assemble out in order to get to it. It's only an O-ring seal. They dealer don't sell this. They said I have to buy the whole unit. But if you know the part number then you can actually buy just the O-rint seal for $6.00+. Eventhough I bought the part that cheap, I will have to get a good mechanics to work on it. I am consider myself as handy man. But this big of the job with complexity of the machine, I better leave it to the expert. I estamate it will cost me $400.00 - $600.00. I am welcome any input on this. I want to save $$ any way I can.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 AM

Hi, new '08 GX 470 owner here, bought it new more than a week ago. This is indeed an amazing vehicle. Despite its thirst for gas, this is still one of the best SUV out there.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 AM

Like most SUVs in this class, the GX 470 generally scores well for practicality thanks to its roomy, comfortable rear seat and large, flat cargo bay. But unlike most of its rivals, the GX has a trump card in this department: its third-row seat, a worthy $2,030 option that helps justify the size and thirst of a luxury SUV.