GS350 windshield creeks/rattles

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Default GS350 windshield creeks/rattles

Hi all, new owner here of 2008 GS350. Car is solid, with about 60k miles on it. One little issue I would love to resolve is the creeks/rattles I'm experiencing regular driving. One thing I noticed is that the windshield cowl seems to be somewhat loose. I can move the cowl around fairly easily. Is that common? I know windshield has been replaced, so i just wonder if the cowl wasn't installed properly.

Also, the rubber weather shield around the engine bay should be replaced, but I'm having a tough time finding p/n, or even what is the official name for it. Anyone has any experience with that?

Looking forward to participating in this community

Old 04-18-2020, 10:34 PM

Just following up my own post, in case someone else has a similar problem. I took the cowl apart today, and couple things became apparent. One, is that my windshield has been replaced, and whomever put the cowl back did not properly fixture it. It is held in place by by two clips, and it is prevented from moving around by a series of tabs that get located in the frame right below the windshield. Properly installed, the cowl has very minimal movement, less then about 1/8 of an inch.

There are also a series of rubber seals which on the bottom of the cowl that are intended to mute the surface to surface contact when the vehicle is in motion. I'm guessing that due to age, my were dried out and were making squeaking noise while the car was moving. I re-hydrated them with WD40, and that seemed to do the trick for now.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:28 PM
Lightbulb Windshield Wipers

Not totally related but here's a video I found that's really interesting to see apparently the windshield wipers have a summer mode and a winter mode check this out

Old 09-28-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by VasilyR
Hi all, new owner here of 2008 GS350. Car is solid, with about 60k miles on it. One little issue I would love to resolve is the creeks/rattles I'm experiencing regular driving. One thing I noticed is that the windshield cowl seems to be somewhat loose. I can move the cowl around fairly easily. Is that common? I know windshield has been replaced, so i just wonder if the cowl wasn't installed properly.

Also, the rubber weather shield around the engine bay should be replaced, but I'm having a tough time finding p/n, or even what is the official name for it. Anyone has any experience with that?

Looking forward to participating in this community
okay don’t know if this is related but I have the same issue on my ‘15 f sport. dealer told me it was because of the non oem windshield that I have and it’s just not a perfect fit. I notice it creek sometime pulling out of my garage and going over uneven surfaces.. annoying and just waiting for a crack so I can get a oem windshield for $500 through insurance Instead of $1200 which is what a new one costs... Lexus is ridiculous

Old 12-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Default Rattling Fix

Not sure if you found a fix but I just bought a sweet 2007 Lexus GS350 RWD and I noticed the rattling driving over rough roads. I was surprise this happens in a Lexus. I've owned several non-luxury cars and I never had this issue. Despite the rattling, I still love this car. I found a video on Youtube to fix this issue. I haven't done it but I will when I have time. Here's the link.