Lexus Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Lexus Forum? Ask! Have a suggestion to better LexusForum.com? Tell us here.

Which lexus to go for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 11:32 AM
Default Which lexus to go for?

Hello!
I'm sorry if do something wrong or post this to the "wrong" place.
So I'm planning on buying my first Lexus but I am not sure which one to go for. (I live in Finland). GS third gen is the one I've been looking the most (300 and 450h) and also a bit of fourth gen. Right now I'm thinking third gen 450h. My questions are: Is 450h worth it over the normal 300? Is the CVT gearbox reliable on the third gen GS? Is there a "Normal" gearbox for the GS third gen (not the CVT)? Is the fourth gen worth the extra money or is third gen good enough in terms of quality, reliability etc? Mostly I am worried about the reliability aspect and will (for an example) 450h third gen hold up well. Also if I am going to go for the fourth gen then I'll have to wait at least a year to save some money for it and I am not sure if it's worth the wait and should I go for the third gen now. What are the more costly repairs/normal stuff to be expected to change within a year or two so I know to take all the expenses into account. Also here in Finland we use salt on our roads during winter time and poor rust protection is gonna show on older-ish cars so is the rust protection aspect good?
Thank you!