HID dynamic height adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Default HID dynamic height adjustment

Hello, I have a 2005 ES with the optional HID and rain sensor package . As you probably know, the projector low beams are designed to adjust height based on various inputs, thus keeping from blinding on comers. In short, the lights are horrible an dangerous. Most of the time, I am unable to see an adequate distance ahead to avoid simple road hazards. When I go down a hill, I can barely see at all and up hill progression is the best. Seems to me that the dynamic adjustment is simply not working, but I cannot tell. Is there a way to tell. The dealer does not seem too interested - telling me that this is normal. Seems crazy to define poor visibility with HID as normal. I've enjoyed HID on other cars I've owned with no problems. Any thoughts on how to proceed? I'm wearing out my high beam switch!!Thanks, Steve

Old 12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Default RE: HID dynamic height adjustment

Don't misunderstand the dynamic leveling...that's car body to frame leveling...not level relative to earth. i.e. it does not adjust for going up or down a hill. It levels if you load the trunk with enough weight to cause the rear end of the car to sag.

Adjusting the headlights is really easy and fast. You just need a long...long crosspoint (phillips) screwdriver. There should be instructions somewhere on the forum.