General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do you Reset the Maint Reqd Light?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Default How do you Reset the Maint Reqd Light?

Please Help!! How do you reset the Maint Reqd light for the oil change? I change oil myself because the Dealer is way too expensive. Please Help anyone.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kbfgskbfo
Please Help!! How do you reset the Maint Reqd light for the oil change? I change oil myself because the Dealer is way too expensive. Please Help anyone.
Hello,

I'm not sure what model you own but here is a general write-up on turning off that annoying light:

1. Turn ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Set the Odometer / Trip Display to the ODO mode
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4. Depress and HOLD the Trip Meter RESET button while turning the ignition switch to the ON position.
5. The Service Maintenance Reminder Light will: a. Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds. b. Blink for 2 seconds. c. Illuminate solidly for 1 second. d. Turn off.
6. Release the Trip Meter RESET button.
7. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
8. Turn the ignition to the ON position, and confirm that the Service Maintenance Reminder Light goes out.

NOTE: If the light continues blinking in step 5a, turn the ignition off, and repeat the procedure from step 1.ignition off, and repeat the procedure from step 1.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by lexicon
Hello,

I'm not sure what model you own but here is a general write-up on turning off that annoying light:

1. Turn ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Set the Odometer / Trip Display to the ODO mode
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4. Depress and HOLD the Trip Meter RESET button while turning the ignition switch to the ON position.
5. The Service Maintenance Reminder Light will: a. Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds. b. Blink for 2 seconds. c. Illuminate solidly for 1 second. d. Turn off.
6. Release the Trip Meter RESET button.
7. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
8. Turn the ignition to the ON position, and confirm that the Service Maintenance Reminder Light goes out.

NOTE: If the light continues blinking in step 5a, turn the ignition off, and repeat the procedure from step 1.ignition off, and repeat the procedure from step 1.
Thanks for the instructions dude, I will try it and see if i can do it on my own