General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Default Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

Anyone tried an electric supercharger, turbocharger? I know it's sketchy but even if it
delivers a fraction of their claim it'd be worth it. I saw this www.superwhirl.com and
www.electricchargers.com I think there's a few others. Anyone actually tried one?

Thanks,
Jordan

Old 02-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Default RE: Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!!!!! Did you buy the tornado? The same bs product that claimed to provide 15+ hp without the electric motor??!! If you want true power, don't fall for the cheap, get hp-torque quick bullsh**! If you know anything about how turbos and supers work then you know that the more air you pump into an engine, the more fuel you'd need. Gas mileage is affected, not in the way they advertise. It goes down.. That's why we have those nifty mass air flow meters. So the engines don't run too rich/lean. Don't fall for the "add 15hp with this sticker, or my special intake insert that will make you feel/sound like you're a race car driver." The first thing I saw when I went there was by far the funniest sales ploy I've seen in a while, the last line is the best.. I can't say it more, save your f'n money for something that will give you REAL power!

I installed the superwhirl on my ride last week, and ever since I have been getting so much attention. I always have to refer them to the site. Girls love it.[/align][/align]

Old 02-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Default RE: Anyone tried an electric supercharger?

This guy is a spammer, he has been hitting up lots of forums. Good Day

Old 04-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Default hi there

i got a 1991 ls 400 anything i can do to push more power

Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Default RE: hi there

On a 91 LS, you can get rid of the quieting intake box and go with a straight intake/cone type air filter and open up the exhaust (Do they make headers for this car??) everything else is computer controlled so short of forced induction, I dont know of any other bolt ons. You could also get a taller rear end ratio to get you to speed faster, but cut your top end. Oh yeah, Aussies make different cams for this motor and if you can bypass the ECU's rev limiter,these motors can rev to 8-9K no problem, they have the strongest bottom ends for an OEM engine, 6 bolt mains!

Old 09-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: hi there

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!!!!! Did you buy the tornado? The same bs product that claimed to provide 15+ hp without the electric motor??!! If you want true power, don't fall for the cheap, get hp-torque quick bullsh**! If you know anything about how turbos and supers work then you know that the more air you pump into an engine, the more fuel you'd need. Gas mileage is affected, not in the way they advertise. It goes down.. That's why we have those nifty mass air flow meters. So the engines don't run too rich/lean. Don't fall for the "add 15hp with this sticker, or my special intake insert that will make you feel/sound like you're a race car driver." The first thing I saw when I went there was by far the funniest sales ploy I've seen in a while, the last line is the best.. I can't say it more, save your f'n money for something that will give you REAL power! I installed the superwhirl on my ride last week, and ever since I have been getting so much attention. I always have to refer them to the site. Girls love it.
Get out spammer....