Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://lexusforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Driving Bad Habits (https://lexusforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/driving-bad-habits-27034/)

kiran 04-23-2010 04:54 AM

Driving Bad Habits

We all pass our driving tests learning everything correctly, and then we quickly start picking up bad habits, which can be very irritating and annoying. Aside from these bad habits expressing some kind of inconsiderate driving, it is also extremely dangerous. Tailgating – This is probably the worst bad habit to pick up as if the car in front has to break really quickly then you have very little time to respond and result in flying up their back end. In traffic people tend to do it without thinking however it is essential that cars remain two cars apart. Undertaking – We all see those middle lane cruisers who get a bit too lazy and traffic is overtaking slowly, so you’re tailgating them as you can’t get into the outside lane fast enough so you undertake. It’s a very dangerous manoeuvre and should not be attempted. Poor Lane Discipline – Lack of concentration results in drivers drifting between those little white lines that are supposed to keep us in tow. Crossing straight over a roundabout, drivers have a tendency to cut the corner and risk cutting drivers behind them up turning right. Indicators – As we get more comfortable with our surroundings, drivers tend to get a little lazy with their indicators. The rest of us are not psychic and don’t know where the driver in front is going, therefore use them or we’ll risk going up your chuff and you’ll be in the wrong for pre warning drivers behind you. Poor Attention – Mobile Phones have been banned but we still see those cheeky drivers trying to send a text or take a call on speakerphone.
senior sales recruitment
furniture benches

cadee 05-22-2010 11:16 PM

While it's important to eat, shave, and brush your teeth, it can be a menace while driving. Here's a list of the worst driving habits:
  • Talking on cell phone
  • Turning around to talk to passengers or yell at kids
  • Listening to loud music
  • Scrounging for things in the backseat
  • Tailgaiting
  • Eating, particularly hot drinks and messy foods like tacos
  • Reading, lots of people try to read directions while driving
  • Excessive lane changing

mike1985 05-26-2010 06:45 AM

Ya i do agree with you that these are the bad habits during driving a car.We shouldn't do these things for our self and our families safety.

Suxel 06-22-2010 11:10 AM

the only thing that i have done is listen to loud music, but that's it. i usually try to be a really safe driver. but i have plenty of friends who have done many of those other things on this list. it's just a shame.

rajin 07-06-2010 05:31 AM

i think talking on cell phone while driving is the worst.