Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://lexusforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   CUDOS TO MY DEALERSHIP (https://lexusforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/cudos-my-dealership-334/)

AUSTIN 01-12-2007 09:46 AM

CUDOS TO MY DEALERSHIP

I'VE BEEN HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY HYBRID SUV, IT WAS VIBRATING AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS ON ME AND I KEPT TAKING IT INTO MY DEALERSHIP AND HAVING THEM WORK ON IT. I'M HERE TO THANK THEM FOR SPENDING OVER 20 HOURS TO DATE ON SEARCHING THIS PROBLEM OUT. THE THANKS IS BECAUSE 20 HOURS OF SEARCHING HAS EQUALED UP TO AROUND 2000.00 IN LABOUR TIME THAT I HAVEN'T PAID A CENT TOWARDS. I THANK MY DEALERSHIP EXTENSIVELY AND I NEVER MENT TO BE A PROBLEM CUSTOMER. THE RESULT WAS TO ROTATE MY TIRES AND THE PROBLEM IS GONE NOW. I CHOSE NOT TO SWITCH MY TIRES AROUND FROM RIM TO RIM AS MY TIRES HAVE AIR SENSORS AND THEY ARE FROM WHAT I HEAR AROUND 300.00 EACH. SO TO NOT CHANCE BREAKING THEM I DECIDED THAT NOW THAT THE VIBRATION BROBLEM IS GONE TO NOT DISTURB THE WAY THE TIRES ARE MOUNTED ON THE RIMS AND NOT DISTURB THE TIRE SENSORS. I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF MY SERVICE GUYS AT THE SHOP IN BY THANKING THEM WITH THE OCCASIONAL TIM HORTONS AND A BIT OF MY WIFE'S BAKING, BUT I CAN NEVER THANK THEM ENUFF. I DID END UP GOING BACK IN AND HAVING THEM DO CLEANUPS AND OTHER THINGS TO MY SUV THAT I DIDN'T EVEN NEED DONE BUT IT WAS IN A WAY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING AT LEAST FOR THEM HELPING ME OUT. THE LAST THING I WANT IS TO WASTE THEIR TIME AND MONEY AND FOR THEM TO FLINCH WHENEVER I WALK IN THE DOOR.
SO ONCE AGAIN, THANKS SO MUCH TO MY LEXUS DEALERSHIP FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME ON MY VIBRATION PROBLEM. I WILL BE IN TO SEE THEM AND GLADLY SPEND MONEY KNOWING HOW MUCH THEY SACRAFICED OVER ME.
AUSTIN.

thelexusdon 02-24-2007 02:45 AM

RE: CUDOS TO MY DEALERSHIP

As far as the quality of service you recieved, you got shafted. $2k worth of warranty hours, the loaner you undoubtibly were provided, and the time wasted driving back and forth to have the hybrid smooth again was a scam. I work at a local Lexus dealer and any reputable service facility would have found the problem almost immediately.. The issue with the pressure sensor is also a joke. I'll get to that in a second. The technician should have been able to verify the problem, road force the tire as well as balance. That right there will give away any problem plain as day. If the road force detected is above the proper amount, there are ways to fix the problem. Force match, replace the tire, replace the wheel..etc. Your fear of a broken sensor is the least of your worries. If it's broken by the tech while trying to fix the concern, it falls on the service department's pocket,not yours. I understand there's only one dealer there and I guess they're very aware of it as well. They know you won't take it to a competitor to have the vibration fixed. You could have taken it to a Discount Tire and gotten a better result than the headache you went through.. (Though I don't recommend it.) I get the feeling its either an inside job trying to bring business to the Austin dealer or you are really that gullable. Sorry for the harsh remarks, but you really didn't get the proper Lexus experience and you obviously don't know any better. Just my two cents and if you have any further questions or need a reference, don't hesitate to pm me.