Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   Lexus RX (https://lexusforum.com/forum/lexus-rx-16/)
-   -   RX330 rear wiper (https://lexusforum.com/forum/lexus-rx-16/rx330-rear-wiper-26762/)

bamboopearl 12-01-2009 04:02 PM

RX330 rear wiper

I have an '04 RX and was one of those that had problems with a sketchy rear wiper from the beginning. Had the blade replaced and then the arm (I scratched initials in the old one so I know they changed it) and it has functioned pretty well. I complained enough that I was getting the blade replaced under warranty while it lasted but now I'm well out of warranty.

I noticed that several online sites list Bosch and other aftermarket blades but none of these will attach to the OEM arm. Have I missed a TSB somewhere or am I just going to have to suck it up and pay the extortionate dealer price for a new blade.

Thanks in advance.

bamboopearl

penquinbum 12-04-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by bamboopearl (Post 28145)
I have an '04 RX and was one of those that had problems with a sketchy rear wiper from the beginning. Had the blade replaced and then the arm (I scratched initials in the old one so I know they changed it) and it has functioned pretty well. I complained enough that I was getting the blade replaced under warranty while it lasted but now I'm well out of warranty.

I noticed that several online sites list Bosch and other aftermarket blades but none of these will attach to the OEM arm. Have I missed a TSB somewhere or am I just going to have to suck it up and pay the extortionate dealer price for a new blade.

Thanks in advance.

bamboopearl

I also have an RX330, and used to have an RX300. You might check that the rear wiper from a Toyota Highlander will work. I live in Canada, a fair distance from a Lexus store and find that the local Toyota dealer can handle about anything. It's gotten to the point that the service manager always checks to see if a Highlander part is compatible. The wiper might be compatible. If it is, you could also search out replacement parts for the Highlander.

Pyroisp09 12-13-2009 08:21 AM

RX330 rear wiper

Hey Andrew, thanks for the heads-up on the Testors Guards Red paint Great find.

I really like the finished look of the S4 without the rear wipers. Well done.

I wonder if the S2 would look better without the rear wipers? Maybe when my rear wiper motor breaks, Ill do the delete.

Gabring09 12-30-2009 05:24 PM

RX330 rear wiper

You gave credit to me for the idea of removing the rear wiper and the plug inserts. I need to "deflect" that credit to the originator of the idea for this approach - it was Jim Mayzurk of Dallas TX that did it originally. I saw the result at SITM about 2-3 years ago, and just copied his ideas I really love the cleaner look - and if you remove the wing, the view from inside the car is a totally new experience - ha. Jims done a lot of neat stuff to his silver GTS - look it over closely at SITM in 2010. Cheers,Gary Knox

Laois 01-01-2010 12:28 PM

Rx 400 h

Hi Everyone,

My 400h 06 Makes an unusual "creek" when the brake is applied and the car has almost reached a stop or EVEN WHEN STOPPED???? Any ideas.
Thanks in advance

jeff618 11-28-2010 06:52 AM

Rear Wiper For RX's & Installation Videos

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm sure this topic comes up every fall and spring...

Rear Wiper Blade For Lexus RX

Rear Wiper Blade Installation Video (XX-A Roc Lock 2)

Super easy once you see it done.