Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   Lexus GS (https://lexusforum.com/forum/lexus-gs-10/)
-   -   Looking to buy a 1st gen 300. got some Questions. (https://lexusforum.com/forum/lexus-gs-10/looking-buy-1st-gen-300-got-some-questions-39389/)

cmdeshon 09-04-2012 05:32 PM

Looking to buy a 1st gen 300. got some Questions.

hey guys! new here. never owned a Lexus but i have been a toyota buff for a long time now. i have had both MX-73 and MX-83 cressida's, MK-II and MK-III supra's, few trucks / 4runners. i do all of my own work and am confident in my abilities to do what ever is needed.

i am looking to buy a 1st generation GS300. my main question is in regards to the 2JZ-GE overheating. when shopping i seam to be finding LOTS of them with overheating issues. i also have read a lot about peoples experiences trying to fix the overheating issue on their own cars without much luck.

So, what i would like to know is:

Is there any common known issues that causes these cars to Over-Heat? something out of the ordinary that you wouldn't normally think of like a thermostat or waterpump?

a lot of the adds say things like "i replaced the T-stat, W-pump, radiator, hoses and had the system flushed but it still overheats!"

the one i am looking at already needs an engine. if i get it i plain on doing a COMPLETE rebuild including mains/rods/rings polished crank, hot-tanked block, decking, valve-job etc... just trying to cover all my bases and make sure that i am not going to overlook whatever causes them to over-heat.

Also, Any Suggestions as to where i should buy my parts? i will be needing a complete gasket kit along with rings, bearings, WP, OP, Maybe .010 over pistons (will make that call when the time comes)

Thanks for reading fellas. Surely i will have more questions to come!

AaronLara 09-11-2012 04:53 AM

Hey its a good decision to buy a GS as its one of the good models of Lexus,and the proble you talking about overheating not everyone of the Lexus owners are facing it,as my friends is owing a Lexus car I haven't heard anything regarding overheating in his car.Few days back I went to an car auction,where cars are being kept for sale there I have seen Lexus GS evening I was thinking to buy one.

kyled 09-20-2012 05:01 PM

if you're looking at stepping up from a toyota to a lexus, you could not have chosen a better model than the GS. my favorite part is the grill. looks so futuristic but at the same time lets you know how powerful it is

cmdeshon 09-21-2012 07:09 AM

i personally wont be straying away from my toyotas any time soon (not even a step up really, my MK-II's a beast) but i have acquired a GS for my mom. its a 93 with a BHG. heads already back from the machine shop. it will be going back together by the end of the week.

memory 10-11-2012 09:35 PM

I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.

Karen Millen Outlet North Face Jackets Outlet Moncler Vestes Moncler Outlet

jakeaa12 10-22-2012 03:37 AM

Cheap Hermes Handbags for everybody

------------------------------------
Hermes Kelly

kingloveer 11-09-2012 04:12 AM

Most of the time I don’t make comments on blogs, but I want to mention that this post really forced me to do so. Really nice post!I am very excited that I have found your post because I have been searching for some information about it for almost three hours

bijoux pas cher casquette tisa Casquette Obey Snapback