Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   Lexus GS (https://lexusforum.com/forum/lexus-gs-10/)
-   -   I am considering the purchase of a GS450h (https://lexusforum.com/forum/lexus-gs-10/i-am-considering-purchase-gs450h-484/)

carbuff 05-11-2007 03:59 PM

I am considering the purchase of a GS450h

I am considering the purchase of a 2007 GS450h. After reading articles about this Lexus and talking to a local Lexus dealer, I think that the GS450h is a exciting and rewarding next step in automobile ownership for me.

The performance data that I have seen for this hybrid is quite good. I also admire the exterior finishing and interior appointments. They appear to be of high quality.

One thing I have read does trouble me, the handling of the GS450h. At present, I drive a 2006 Infiniti M45. It is a powerful performer and excellent handling vehicle. It also has outstanding features. I cannot help but wonder if a move from the M to the GS450h, will be a let down or a move upward for me?

I ask for comments from you who actually own and drive this new breed of Lexus. What are your opinions and recommendations?

TWQ83 05-12-2007 09:47 AM

RE: I am considering the purchase of a GS450h

carbuff,

Saw your post on the other Lexus site and can tell you that I'm inlove with my demo ....... I'm the Hybrid Expert here and they gave me one as a Demo. I find that the performance and handling of the GS 450h far exceed that of the Acura M ....... I don't drive my Hybrid like others ........ performance orientated .......... But, I also don't creep alone at <20 mph !!!!! I also have a 21 mile commute (round trip) and most of it is in traffic. I've been between 28 and 33 mpg ( on Average Combined city/hwy!!! ) She also performs very well when you "Gas and Glide" on the Highway. With all the history of the hybrid and longivity of the Lexus/Toyota name ......... I couldn't see owning anything else............. I think your making the right decision and will get loads of fun and savings with your GS 450h!!!

Have fun and post me some pictures here when you get her!!!!!

Tom Quinn;)
Lexus Sales
GS 450h Mercury Met

carbuff 05-12-2007 10:48 AM

Thank you TWQ83 for your reply. I knew that the GS450h was a much better performer than the Acura RL but appreciate your comment with regard to my Infiniti M45.

Too bad you and I are on opposite sides of the country. Otherwise, we might do a deal for a new GS450h.

TWQ83 05-14-2007 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: carbuff

Thank you TWQ83 for your reply. I knew that the GS450h was a much better performer than the Acura RL but appreciate your comment with regard to my Infiniti M45.

Too bad you and I are on opposite sides of the country. Otherwise, we might do a deal for a new GS450h.
Carbuff,

I wish you luck in finding one ................ I think you have a better chance in California then here.......... I have everyone I have coming in already sold ........... I can't get them in fast enough!!!!!

Let me know how it works out for you over there.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

rexpak 07-20-2007 07:52 PM

if you haven't bought the car yet then do... that is my dream car and i'm a lexus employee......