General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

seat belt warning bell

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Default seat belt warning bell

Can someone Please tell me how to turn off the seatbelt warning bell?????

Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Default RE: seat belt warning bell

what type of car do you drive. some vehicles have the ability to turn them off but i need to know which model you own to direct you to the right information. also your local lexus dealer can get you the same info. if you have not already contacted them

Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 AM

Mudbug,

Almost all of the Lexus Models have a seatbelt waring device that will cut out after about 30 to 45 seconds! first it will ding and flash the red seatbelt sign aat you........... then after about 20 seconds it will ding about twice as fast for about another 10 to 15 seconds. then it will stop and the seatbelt light will just flash at you for the entire drive. There is a fuse that is dedicated to the seatbelt warning buzzard. Your local mechanic should know which one it is. Now according to what state you live in ........... they can either disable it or NOT. Some states allow this and others do NOT. If your Lexus Mechanic cannot disable this ...... Take it to a local mechanic, Not Lexus, and ask them to UNHOOK the small speaker in the dash ......... this will shut it up, but the light will continue to flash.

Let me know how this works out for you................ ALSO, if it is illegal to disconnect the warning buzzard in your state. Watch out for the cops ........... you can get [sm=bustedsign.gif]!!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 PM

I HAVE AN LS460 THE LOCAL DEALER, SAYS IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO TURN IT OFF. THANKS FOR THE IMPUT.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Mudbug

I HAVE AN LS460 THE LOCAL DEALER, SAYS IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO TURN IT OFF. THANKS FOR THE IMPUT.
No one said it would be Legal!!!!! The Lexus Dealership aren't allowed to do it........... Try your corner mechanic!

Old 05-19-2007, 07:41 AM

On newer models the seatbelt chime is customizable and there is an option in CBEST to turn it off.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Talking Disable Seat Belt Chime

I own a 2011 Lexus RX350. I live in a gated retirement community and drive daily to the mail kiosk or the community dining room where there is virtually no traffic and the speed limit is 25. Mostly golf carts on the campus. Also, when in a strip mall I may need to drive in the parking lot from one end to the other. No seat belt is needed for these short drives, but if I don't fasten it, the bell chimes 58 times before stopping. I paid $24 for a seat belt extender from Seat Belt Extenders Pros, found at this link:

Seat Belt Extender Pros

The extender is very short, 5", and exactly matches the originals. Now I can drive on the campus and the chime never sounds. When on the road, the original seatbelt snaps right into the extender. Problem solved. No cutting wires under the seat, or having the dealer tell me the chime cannot be changed, or tinkering with the ODO button (that trick doesn't work)

Old 08-26-2015, 04:44 AM

Got this problem myself, sadly the tipps in here didn't help...