Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://lexusforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   How do I change Windows 7 login password? (https://lexusforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/how-do-i-change-windows-7-login-password-39466/)

Lohan 09-12-2012 07:16 PM

How do I change Windows 7 login password?

I locked myself out of my Windows 7 computer?
I
change Windows 7 login password because my brother found out my password and i must have added an extra key and i cant figure it out! is there an easy way to get back into my computer?

At this situation, I have tried solutions for logon password. There are:

Solution 1. Change Windows 7 login password with Windows Password Recovery, the tool will make a new admin account and password for you:
a. Log on a computer that you can download something. Download Windows Password Recovery Tool Ultimate, install it with several clicks and then run it.
b. Burn a Windows 7 password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive. A USB Flash Drive will be recommended if the locked Win 7 computer supports the driver.
c. Connect the burned Win 7 password reset disk with the locked Win 7 computer, Press DELETE (or the key that screen may display a sentence while computer starts), then set BIOS to boot pc from USB Flash Drive, restart computer and there will load software program.
d. Choose "Create a new account", enter the new User Name and Password, and then click "Next" to proceed. After finished, disconnect the disk with pc and reboot computer to login with newly create account!

Solution 2. Try his cat name if he's got a cat pet, etc.

Solution 3. Use a key hacking USB software system. Just need connect this to daughter’s computer, and connect it somewhere he can't see. And when he types the password, this device will memorize it. Now I will know his password. - I quit this method. It may hurt my daughter once he finds out.

Solution 4. The last method to try: As your computer is booting, when you have the computer company logo, not windows, showing, you can press a combo of buttons to send your computer into restore mode. This will boot from a recovery partition, which will let you erase your hard drive and reinstall windows. You will lose all your documents. Some offer an option to back up your docs. the key combo is different for different computer makers, but it's often something like F11 or CTRL+F11. If you can jump in and access your bios with F2 before it boots, sometimes there is an option to begin system recovery. Also, as windows is booting, you can press F8 and get it to ask you if you want to boot into safe mode. It might also offer startup repair, and startup repair often has an option to recover your system from the recovery partition. Some things to try. Hope that helps!

Certainly, Windows Password Recovery Tool helped me change Win7 login password conveniently. It is realyy useful and helpful!