Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums

Lexus Forum - Lexus Enthusiast Forums (https://lexusforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://lexusforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   horn started blowing continuously, headlights came on....HELP (https://lexusforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/horn-started-blowing-continuously-headlights-came-help-447/)

lakercl9 04-16-2007 01:04 PM

horn started blowing continuously, headlights came on....HELP

Just got my 1999 lexus gs300 a few days ago. beautful car, but of course, just had a problem. Its been raining, no, downpouring here for the past day, which may have soemthing to do with it. ...

I was watching sopranos lastnight when my horn blew for about 5 seconds...5 mins later, blew for another 10, few minutes later, continuoulsy blew until i disconnected the horn. Then my headlights came on, finially i had to disconnect the battery so it wouldnt drain. Does anyone know what could be wrong? IM guessing something may have gotten wet and shorted something out.

My lights arent on anymore, but when i plugged back in the horn, it blows. Anyone?

marianne lx470 04-26-2007 12:40 PM

RE: horn started blowing continuously, headlights came on....HELP

Hi - My car went crazy yesterday, on its own, on the driveway- trying to start itself up, ticking over but missing -
although no key or person was anywhere near it ( also after a huge downpour)
Eventually we disconnected the battery, the engine was dry and dusty as normal, not wet.
It's now been towed back to Lexus who seem to think as it's 8 years old, and now out of warranty this kind of thing should be expected.
i thought it was dangerous and scary, and unexpected myself.
When talking to the Lexus customer relations manager today, about the 'Relentless Pursuit of Perfection' he commented that 'We are not Perfect'.
my question to you is, what have Lexus done for you and your car?
Best Wishes
marianne

Mudbug 05-23-2007 10:14 AM

Sounds like your battery is ok, but if the battery starts to go down the horn will blow and the lights will flash to warn you.

TWQ83 05-23-2007 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Mudbug

Sounds like your battery is ok, but if the battery starts to go down the horn will blow and the lights will flash to warn you.
Correct ........ But I believe it might be one of two things ................ Since it was in a Downpour and then acted up it could be the solinoid casing. Have you local mech check it out and seal it with silicone, if it at all looks wet. Second is the Moonroof, ............ There are channels that remove water from the area between the roof that may get clogged and back up water in an older car ........ have a look and see if it clogged with leaves or other debris.......... If so then try to vacumn them out.

Either that or call Steven Spielburg ................. he needs a new horror car!!!!!