How long are IS 250 factory tires lasting?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Default How long are IS 250 factory tires lasting?

I'm new here and hope I didn't miss previous posts about this. I searched, but found nothing.

Anyway... I'm approaching 20K on my '07 and need two new front tires pretty soon. They are wearing on the inside and apparently could have used an alignment prior to the dealership noticing this, but there was no evidence on the tread or outside. It's also my understanding that the type ot tire is shaped in a way to help maintain traction in turns which can lead to the inside wearing faster anyway. So now I need two new ones, and I'm wondering how the tires are wearing on other IS's.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Default RE: How long are IS 250 factory tires lasting?

THE TIRES ARE LASTING 25 TO 35K MILES. AND NO THE TIRES ARE NOT SHAPED ANY WAY. BUT THE VEHICLES ALIGNMENT IS DESIGNED .6 OF A DEGREE FRONT TIRES LEANING IN FOR HANDLING. BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS BUY THE TIRES W/ AN ALIGNMENT AND VERIFY THAT ON THE ALIGNMENT SHEET PROVIDED THAT THE CAMBER MEASUREMENT FOR THE FRONT TIRES ARE THE SAME LEFT TO RIGHT AND DONT EXCEED THE SPEC. AS WELL AS ROTATE YOUR TIRES EVERY 5K FOR BEST THE MOST OUT OF YOUR INVESTMENT.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: lextek1

THE TIRES ARE LASTING 25 TO 35K MILES. AND NO THE TIRES ARE NOT SHAPED ANY WAY. BUT THE VEHICLES ALIGNMENT IS DESIGNED .6 OF A DEGREE FRONT TIRES LEANING IN FOR HANDLING. BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS BUY THE TIRES W/ AN ALIGNMENT AND VERIFY THAT ON THE ALIGNMENT SHEET PROVIDED THAT THE CAMBER MEASUREMENT FOR THE FRONT TIRES ARE THE SAME LEFT TO RIGHT AND DONT EXCEED THE SPEC. AS WELL AS ROTATE YOUR TIRES EVERY 5K FOR BEST THE MOST OUT OF YOUR INVESTMENT.
you cant rotate the IS 250/350 tires they are differnt sizes! They are perfomance tires they go around 20k.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:37 AM

I got IS 300 year 2004, I got the same problem, the original tire I ran 25K, two front tire wearing on inside very much even I rotate tire every 5K, I took to auto repair shop, one master mechanic said that is normal, that the way lexux designed, and then I took other mechanic they said need alightment, when they check they found out not thing wrong charged 60 dollars, changed 4 new tires this time ran only 20K, all 4 tires wearing on inside very much even i rotated every 5K. tires still look good outside and surface, 4 tires cost 600 dollars, too much and expensive driving lexus....

Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 PM

my advice .. rotate youre tyers at 5k, do check for chamber and aligments...

also from time to time do check the tyer pressures..because these areapart ofreason why it worn out tyers can be.

for longerlife span on tires- have u guys tried filling in nitrogen gas onthe tyers.. as for airplanes they used em to span the lifes of the tires and no matter how fast u go the tyers will be at cool temp..

ask more info with the tire shops if they got it.. if they do try use em ... it sure helpsure tires life span..

cheers!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Just got 4 new tires for my 2006 IS 250 AWD yesterday. Firestone 94W at $150 a pop and had the Toyota dealer install them. Toyota gives free rotations every 5K miles if you buy 4 tires from them. The dealer said I'd get maybe 30K miles out of these. The original factory tires lasted 34K miles.

The front passenger tires were worn and scupped to the tread - metal showing - on the inside. Nasty stuff and am glad it remained intact, although can't imagine how it did. I don't abuse the car, but on occasion have taken that 90 degree corner a tad fast. LOL.

The IS' tires are soft. I put a knife to an old tires after the dealer had taken it out and wow, it peeled like an orange. They do make harder tires (cost more as well), but don't buy them, unless you want to feel every crack on the road. The $284 Michelins come with a 60K warranty, but I can't understand how, given the fact that this car's tires HAVE to be soft.

Key to tire life is rotation and maintain tire pressure at 35 psi.

Yes, I used to work for Toyota. It is a fantastic company - my dream company - and will always cherish that incredible opportunity.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Default Tire Rotation

Can i rotated the tires of my IS250, if there are directional tires? and what happens if i do and im not suppose too? -thanks

Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 PM

The same thing happen to my 07 IS250 around 30K miles. The dealer didnt tell me anything till after i needed to replace the two front tires. I think your suppose to do an alingment every year to prevent the tire damage.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Question Tire Wear

My 2010 IS 250 has 16K miles and has been pulling when I apply the brakes, after checking the tires are so worn on the inside the steel belt is showing. I called Lexus to find out that this is NORMAL! I was told there is a disclaimer on the new car stating this is the type mileage I can expect - are they serious. This is my 3rd Lexus and never had this type problem. Any recommendations for replacement tires. This is total craziness. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Default Tire Size

I have a 09' IS250 and the tires lasted for 36k. I am currently looking to replace all four but am not wanting to spend a fortune. I have been given some quotes and Michel Tires mentioned that I could change the size of the tired slightly and have more options as far as mileage and price. Any thoughts on changing the tire size to larger?? Will this affect my warranty or the handling of the car in anyway?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long are IS 250 factory tires lasting?