Xenon Headlight Issue

Old 11-28-2016, 06:15 PM
Default Xenon Headlight Issue

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with the OEM Xenon lights going out. I have an '04 RX330 and the passenger side low beam light has gone out. The DRL, high beam and turn signal all still work. Only the HID is not working.
I initially thought it was just the bulb, and as a result have purchased replacement bulbs. However, that did not solve the problem. The light is still out.
My question is whether this issue could be caused by a ballast going out? Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it something that I should try replacing first before doing the whole assembly? I have been unable to find anything meaningful to answer my question online.

As you might imagine, replacing the whole assembly is pretty expensive, and I would love to exhaust all other options before I spend crazy money on one headlight.

Any input or advice would be highly appreciated.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:33 PM

In case anyone actually finds the question useful, I wanted to update the post and mention that I got the problem resolved. All it took was a replacement ballast (also known as computer light control). It required pulling the bumper off and taking out the whole headlight assembly. Fairly straight forwards with the right tools. My only concern is that I purchased a non OEM brand ballast, which is usually Denso and costs $373 through Lexus. I got a replica on Ebay for around $60 and so far I have not seen any difference in performance with the driver side. I guess I will see whether this pays off as time goes by...

Old 03-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Default Headlight bulbs and ballast

I recently replaced both xenones and ballast, the ballasts will go bad eventually, it’s what powers the bulbs, the ballast on my 330/400h is on the bottom of the headlight assembly.