2001 LS 430 POWER MODIFICATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Default 2001 LS 430 POWER MODIFICATIONS

ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY MODIFICATIONS I CAN GET DONE ON 2001 LS430 TO IMPROVE POWER/HORSE POWER? ALSO ANYONE KNOW OF ANY MODS THAT CAN BE DONE TO STIFFEN THE ROLL DURING TURNS?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: 2001 LS 430 POWER MODIFICATIONS

How about CAI? it's simple and easy to install (my first mod) Gives sounds and boost power too. I'm planning a brake upgrade next week so i'm collecting all the tools and lexus performance parts i need for the job

Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 PM

WHAT IS A CAI?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM

CAI = Cold Air Intake Basically, cold air is more dense than hot air, meaning you get more air into the combustion cylinders with translates into more power. You are looking at 10Hp from this addition, 15 if High flow

Depends what you want to do. You want it to sound better? get a new exhaust with straight through polyglas muffling. You car will sound amazing plus you get like 20-30HP if high flow exhaust. costing around 1k for a shop to install it, maybe around 500-600 yourself

If you are lookin to spend like 5k+ (which most people arent) Twin Turbo kits add TONS of Hp and high end Torque. From a 4.3L engine, with a TT you can get like 100+ Hp increase. Of course, you should get it done by a shop and make sure they install a kit(Blow off valve, intercooler, wastegate, bigger CC injectors, new fuel rails, tune the ECU, new intake and exhaust manifolds, usually, and other little stuff)

Little things you can do are like Pulse Plugs. Which are spark plugs but add like 6% better Hp and Torque or something, look them up on the internet. I have them on my car and they engine sounds better and you get better gas milage

if you are really looking for massive Hp gains, you could stroker kit the engine. This increases the amount of travel the cylinder goes through, increasing the air in the cylinder and adding lots of Hp. I think the LS430's Bore x Stroke are around 3.9 x 3.6 ish. Not positive. But i am almost sure the stroke could be improved to about 4 using a stroker kit. Again, this should be done by a shop and this will cost a lot, probably more than the twin turbo.

Other little things you can do are bigger fuel injectors, bigger throttle body, if you have over 100k miles, get your engine rebuilt, independant fuel managment system (you know, from fast and furious, the laptop sitting in the passenger seat, manages fuel), new cam with bigger lobes, heat wrap the intake manifold, Cold air intake, pulse plugs, high output alternator, and pretty much replacing extremely heavy parts with super lightweight ones.

Regarding the Roll during turns. there are only a couple options
1.get a rear sway bar (otherwise known as stabilizer bar) it prevents the car from swaying on high speen cornering and therefore improving your cornering, giving you a much stiffer feel.
2. Get stiffer springs and shock. the springs will help prevent the outside of the car from getting pushed into the ground on a high speen turn. The shocks will do relatively the same and push the tires into the ground for better traction

----o, btw, i am reading this banner below this reply box, and it says K&N air intake + 2007 Shelby Mustang = 53 more Hp. This is possibly the most complete BS i have ever seen. Unless the shebly mustang gets its intake air from the exhaust, you cant get 53Hp from air intake. it's just not possible

Old 01-27-2016, 02:07 AM

this guys long reply is a laugh.. tune ecu? come on does he not know toyota doesn't let anyone know ecu codes even racers that are sponsored by them, they use stand alone units. and the rest is crock of **** too.. wrap intake lol come hell live in hot county like Australia.. your joking right. all that reply and none of it is worth ****...

twin turbos? on a 430 nope less u want a hole in block from a rod letting go.. rods was too thin in 430 for twin turbos

geesh love to hear this guy talk about something he actually knew about

Old 10-02-2022, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by mrfrazetta
this guys long reply is a laugh.. tune ecu? come on does he not know toyota doesn't let anyone know ecu codes even racers that are sponsored by them, they use stand alone units. and the rest is crock of **** too.. wrap intake lol come hell live in hot county like Australia.. your joking right. all that reply and none of it is worth ****...

twin turbos? on a 430 nope less u want a hole in block from a rod letting go.. rods was too thin in 430 for twin turbos

geesh love to hear this guy talk about something he actually knew about
the 3uz actually has a twin turbo configuration from Toyota themselves and they use it in airplanes so learn what your talking about before saying ****